Boston – The American Council of Engineering Companies of Massachusetts (ACEC/MA) recently announced the recipients of the 2015 Engineering Excellence Awards along with several other awards. Emcees Frank DePaola (MBTA interim GM) and State Representative Carolyn Dykema presented the awards in March 2015, in a ceremony at the Royal Sonesta in Cambridge.
Gold Award Winners
– AKF Group, LLC., Boston; project: Education First North American Headquarters, Cambridge; client: Education First.
– Fay, Spofford & Thorndike (FST), Burlington; project: Runway 33L End Safety Area, East Boston;
client: Mass. Port Authority.
– Simpson, Gumpertz, and Heger, Waltham; project: Be Like Brit Orphanage, Grand Goave, Haiti;
client: Len Gengel.
– Simpson, Gumpertz, and Heger, Waltham; project: Hynes Suspended Ceiling Demolition above the Mass. Turnpike, Boston; client: Mass. Convention Center Authority.
– Small Firm Project Award: Outback Engineering, Middleboro; project: Summer Star Wildlife Sanctuary, Boylston; client: Summer Star Wildlife Sanctuary.
Silver Award Winners
– BETA Group, Inc., Norwood; project: Providence Performing Arts Center: Roadway & Placemaking Improvements, Providence, R.I.; client: city of Providence.
– CDM Smith Inc., Cambridge; project: Anaerobic Digestion and Energy Recovery Facilities, Lewiston-Auburn, Maine; client: Lewiston-Auburn Water Pollution Control Authority.
– Kleinfelder, Cambridge; project: Massport Disaster and Infrastructure Resiliency Plan, Boston; client: Massachusetts Port Authority.
– Louis Berger, Needham; project: Shawsheen River Bridges Reconstruction, Andover; client: MBTA.
– Parsons, Boston; project: Barton Corner Bridge No. 518 Reconstruction; Warwick, R.I.; client : Rhode Island Department of Transportation.
– Parsons Brinckerhoff, Boston; project: Winthrop Beach Restoration, Winthrop; client : Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation.
– URS Corporation, Rocky Hill, Conn. (now part of AECOM); project: Lexington Rest Area Groundwater Remediation and Stormwater Improvements, Lexington; client : McDonald’s Corporation.
– VHB, Watertown; project: MassDOT Accelerated Bridge project, Fairhaven; client: MassDOT.
Bronze Award Winners
– Environmental Partners Group, Quincy; project: Between a Neighborhood and a Salt Marsh – Trunk Sewer Replacement along a Tidal River, Weymouth; client: town of Weymouth.
– Fay, Spofford and Thorndike, Burlington; project: Logan Airport Greenway Connector, Boston; client: Massachusetts Port Authority.
– Kleinfelder, Cambridge; project: Field’s Point Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgrade, Providence, R.I; client: Narragansett Bay Commission.
– Outback Engineering, Middleboro; project: Summer Star Wildlife Sanctuary, Boylston; client: Summer Star Wildlife Sanctuary.
– Pare Corporation, Foxboro; project: Bristol Town Beach Stormwater Outfall Retrofit, Bristol, R.I.; client: Town of Bristol
– Stantec Consulting Services, Inc., Westford; project: Nahant Beach Reservation Rehabilitation, Nahant; client: Mass. Department of Conservation and Recreation.
– Steere Engineering, Warwick, R.I.; project: Rehabilitation of Bridges 01235 and 01236, I-84 EB & WB over Marion Avenue, Southington, Conn.; client: Conn. DOT
– Tighe & Bond, Inc., Pocasset; project: North Attleborough Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgrade, North Attleborough; client: town of Attleborough.
– VHB, Watertown; project: Bill Delahunt Parkway, Weymouth; client : Starwood Land Ventures
– VHB, Watertown; project: City of Boston Porous Alley Permeable Pavement Demonstration project, Boston; client: Charles River Watershed Association.
– Weston & Sampson, Peabody; project: Wastewater Treatment Facility Improvements, Newburyport; client: city of Newburyport.
– Wright-Pierce, Andover; project: Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgrade for Zinc and Phosphorous Removal, Smithfield, RI; client: Smithfield Sewer Authority.
In addition to the project awards, ACEC/MA also presented these awards:
- ACEC/MA Education Corporation President’s Scholarship to Annie Levine, studying at Tufts University.
- ACEC/MA Community Service Award to John Furman, managing director, VHB in Springfield.
- ACEC/MA Young Professional Award to Christina Jones, project engineer, Tighe & Bond.
- Special Recognition Award to Richard Hirschen of Gray, Gray and Gray, LLP.