Boston – Margulies Perruzzi Architects (MPA) announced that the firm’s high performance workspace designs for Iron Mountain and Zipcar recently received several awards from Boston’s professional organizations, including CoreNet Global New England, International Facility Management Association (IFMA), Boston, International Interior Design Association (IIDA), New England, and New England Women in Real Estate (NEWiRE). “We believe a successful design is one that not only satisfies a company’s space needs, but also creates transformative experiences that change the way work is done,” said Janet Morra, AIA, LEED AP, principal at Margulies Perruzzi Architects. “MPA focuses on understanding the unique needs of every client, and then works through a collaborative process to express the client’s corporate goals, culture, and brand in an innovative workplace design.” MPA honors include: Iron Mountain Global Headquarters awards:
- CoreNet Global New England 2014 Award of Excellence, Best New Workplace/Large Renovation
- IFMA Boston 2014 Best Practice Award of Excellence, Medium Project
- NEWiRE Achievement Award for Networking
Iron Mountain adopted a high performance workspace strategy and launched a mobile work program called “Mobile Mountaineering” featuring an open, flexible, and efficient floor plan with individual workspaces, 100 fewer offices, and technology-supported conference and collaboration space. Zipcar Global Headquarters awards:
- CoreNet Global New England 2014 Award of Excellence, Best New Workplace/Small Renovation
- IFMA Boston 2014 People’s Choice Award
- IIDA New England Chapter 2014 Interior Design Award, Best Office Category (30,000-80,000 SF) and People’s Choice Award.
After comparing efficiencies of potential locations, Zipcar ultimately decided to occupy all six floors of 35 Thomson Place in Boston’s thriving Innovation District, allowing the company to create an entire “Zipcar Building,” including space for Zipcar vehicles in reserved on-street parking spots in front of the entrance. The new 46,000sf office employs a high performance workspace strategy offering an open and productive floor plan for collaborative work, while embracing sustainability for a healthy working environment.