Farmington, CT – Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Connecticut Chapter has recognized Adam Peters, KBE Building Corporation’s corporate safety director, as the 2019 Safety Professional of the Year. Peters was honored at the organization’s annual Excellence in Construction Awards event on Oct. 24 at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington.
This honor recognizes Peters’ ongoing and outstanding commitment to improving worker safety throughout the construction industry, as well as on KBE’s projects.
In describing the award, the independent panel of judges cited the following achievements:
“As corporate safety director, Adam:
– Managed the safety and health program for all KBE entities in 17 states,
– Managed two federal OSHA partnership projects completed in 2018,
– Had 268,000 total KBE field employee work hours with zero lost time,
– Utilized new GPS monitoring technology, a wearable worker’s device that recognizes fall data and assists in emergency evaluation, and
– Led KBE to an EMR below the national average.”
Peters has been with KBE since 2000 and has more than 25 years of construction industry experience. He ensures that KBE’s safety program complies with industry safety standards, regulations, and federal and state laws throughout the company and all project locations.
He also ensures that the safety program is enforced, including safety program development, personnel training, and performing project audits.
To date, he has managed five federal OSHA partnership projects.