Boston – The Boston chapter of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), a non-profit association dedicated to serving the facility management profession, recently announced the winners of the 2017 Awards of Excellence.
Facilities Management Achievement Awards for Best Practices.
These awards are presented to the individual or team whose facility management program, project, system, innovation, or idea has had a substantial, positive effect on the success of their organization.
- Sustainability: Lincoln Laboratory PV-Array Carport (nominated by MIT Lincoln Laboratory)
- Small Project (<25,000sf): Arup Boston (nominated by Dyer Brown Architects)
- Medium Project (25,000 – 75,000sf): Douglas D. Schumann Library + Learning Commons at Wentworth Institute of Technology (nominated by Perkins+Will) and Temple Beth Shalom (Nominated by: Chapman Design & Construction + Fort Point Project Management)
- Large Project (>75,000sf): Takeda Research and Development Headquarters (nominated by Perkins+Will)
Other Awards include:
- You Make it Happen Award: Ashley White, Ropes & Gray
- President’s Award: Michael Clancy, Creative Office Pavilion
- Exemplary Service Provider Award: Carolyn Hickey, STV | DPM
- Exemplary End User: John Love, JL Real Estate Advisors
- Emerging Leader Award: Kiara Torres, Wentworth Institute of Technology Student
The People’s Choice Award went to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt HQ (Nominated by Structure Tone). The entire A/E/C community was welcome to vote online for the People’s Choice during one week in April. This year more than 3,000 people cast their votes.
The “You Make it Happen” award is given in recognition of service to the IFMA Chapter that goes above and beyond expectations, and makes a substantial impact on the membership and success of the organization.
The President’s Award recognizes an individual who is passionate about what they do—either as a leader from within or outside the IFMA Boston chapter. They go beyond what is asked of them and give it their all.
Exemplary Service Provider Award is presented to the representative of an associate member in recognition of voluntary contributions to IFMA Boston. These contributions may include sponsoring programs or educational offerings, presenting innovative sessions on FM-related topics, sponsoring educational research or scholarships, providing technical assistance to members, or serving as chapter or council officers or committee members. Nominees must be associate members who recognize that IFMA is a forum for the interchange of ideas with members.
The Exemplary End User Award is presented to a professional member of the Boston Chapter who has provided sustained, outstanding leadership to the chapter. This person is highly valued by his or her company, IFMA, and the facility management profession. This individual keeps current on changes in the facility management profession and educates other IFMA members and peers. Recipients demonstrate the best in leadership and ethics.
Emerging Leader Award is presented to a Boston Chapter IFMA member who has been an active member within the chapter and shows initiative in both their work and professional settings. They go above and beyond in their efforts with skilled execution and follow through and motivate others to participate.
Facilities Management Achievement Awards for Best Practices are presented to the individual or team whose facility management program, project, system, innovation, or idea has had a substantial, positive effect on the success of their organization. The recipient demonstrated how their project impacted business objectives and contributed to improved success. The award winners demonstrated innovation, and their achievements will be used to educate other facility management professionals. This award is intended to honor those who achieve “above and beyond” the normal scope of job responsibilities.