Farmington, CT – For the 14th year running, The KBE Foundation hosted its annual Gift of Gobble Thanksgiving meal assembly program, where staff volunteers and their families assembled and prepared all the fixings for 478 Thanksgiving dinner baskets, which were delivered to community agencies across Connecticut and Maryland.
The Connecticut event was hosted at Camp Courant in Farmington, where more than 60 employees and their families from KBE Building Corporation, Elite Construction Resources, and CMP Exterior gathered on Nov. 19. In all, the group assembled 408 “Thanksgivings in a box.”
At KBE Building Corporation’s Mid-Atlantic office in Laurel, Md., staff volunteers packaged and delivered 70 Thanksgiving meals on Nov. 16. Boxes contained all the ingredients for a classic Thanksgiving dinner: turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, corn, beans, potatoes, yams, rolls, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and a roasting pan.
This year’s Thanksgiving meals were provided to the following community service agencies, who then distributed the meals to families in their communities:
- Bloomfield Social and Youth Services – Bloomfield, CT
- Christian Community Action Family Center – New Haven, CT
- Columbus House – New Haven and Middletown, CT
- Groton Youth and Family Services – Groton, CT
- Greyhouse, Springfield, MA
- Farmington Community Services, Farmington, CT
- Master’s Manna – Wallingford, CT
- New Britain Community Services – New Britain, CT
- Newington Medical Center, Victory Gardens Housing – Newington, CT
- Basket of Love – Norwalk, CT
- Waterbury Youth Services – Waterbury, CT
- Wallingford Master’s Manna – Wallingford, CT
- United Way New London Homeless Hospitality Center – New London, CT
Since 2009, KBE has provided Thanksgiving meals to more than 3,600 families in Connecticut and Maryland, where the firm has its regional offices. This year’s program is sponsored by the KBE Foundation, a not-for-profit public charity launched in January 2022 to formalize KBE Building Corporation’s long tradition of community support.
“Gift of Gobble continues to be KBE’s most popular philanthropic event with our employees,” explained KBE president and CEO, Mike Kolakowski. “The outpouring of employee volunteers ready and willing to help in any way is always heartwarming. It truly speaks to the character of our staff and their families, and their commitment to giving back.”