Boston – MassDevelopment today announced the availability of funding from the Taxi & Livery Operating Support Grant Program, an operational subsidy program that offers support for entities that coordinate transportation services to contract with taxi, livery, or hackney businesses for transportation and delivery needs. Responses are due by July 8 at 5 p.m.
The program also offers funding for institutional programs and non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) initiatives. It is funded by MassDevelopment’s allocation from the Commonwealth’s Transportation Infrastructure Enhancement Trust Fund.
Through this program, municipalities and its agencies that coordinate transportation services, regional transit authorities (RTAs), eligible nonprofits, and health and human service providers can apply for grants of up to $250,000 to contract with taxi, livery, or hackney businesses for transportation and delivery needs. Specifically, grant funds can be used for:
- Increasing availability of wheelchair-accessible vehicles (WAVs)
- Providing service in transit-isolated areas
- Providing first-mile/last-mile connections to/from public transit stations
- Supporting RTA, municipal, or health agency transportation operation
- Improving non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) services