National – IREM has released an updated Pandemic Guide For Real Estate Managers incorporating resources and information to help property managers prepare to open their properties to tenants and residents.
As stay-at-home orders across the country are beginning to be lifted, many businesses are preparing for tenants and their employees to make a return to work, while multi-family communities may start to explore reopening amenities. As restrictions start to lift, property managers must prepare to reopen in a safe and responsible manner.
The resources for reopening properties information is available within the full Pandemic Guide For Real Estate Managers and available as a supplemental resource. The 18-page supplement includes best practices for reopening a property following a pandemic along with checklists for different property types to assist with reopening safely.
The information in the “Resources for Reopening Your Property” supplement is based on information from leading public health organizations and IREM experts focused on maintaining the safety of employees, tenants, and residents.
Key Points on Reopening Your Property
1. Adhere to health department dates and guidelines.
2. Resist any pressure to deviate from those dates and guidelines.
3. Use clear and consistent communications with staff and tenants/residents.
4. Prepare the property before re-occupancy to be ready for reopening day.
5. Be flexible as operations restart and adjust as necessary.
IREM continues to share updates with members as they are available. All updates, resources, and content on COVID-19, can be found at irem.org/learning/coronavirus.