Boston – SGA, a Boston and New York City-based national award-winning architecture, interior design, planning, branded environments and virtual design and construction practice, announced the firm has won two design awards from The Architects Newspaper, closing out the year 2020 with a total of 10 awards for its pioneering design and architectural work.
The annual Best of Design Awards 2020 were awarded this month by the editors of The Architects Newspaper in the Editors’ Pick category to two SGA-designed projects in the Commercial Workplace and Green Building groups.
The Editor’s Pick in the Commercial Workplace group went to Pipefitters Local 537, a new four-story headquarters in Dorchester, Mass., which honors the association’s past while setting the stage for its future advancement.
The Editor’s Pick in the Green Building group went to Wheaton College Pine Hall, the first student residence hall to achieve Passive House certification in Massachusetts, as well as the largest Passive House certified building in New England.
Here are other awards that were bestowed to SGA and SGA-designed projects in 2020:
- 2020 Boston Real Estate Times Architectural Firm of the Year
- 2020 Build Magazine Architecture Awards: Best Interior Design and Architecture Firm in Massachusetts
- 2020 Architizer A+Awards: Winner in Architecture and BIM category for TitletownTech
- PHIUS Passive House Projects Competition: Winner in the School Category for Wheaton College’s Pine Hall
- 2020 IIDA New England Design Awards: Winner in Student Housing for Williams College’s Garfield House
- 2020 Architizer A+ Awards: Finalist in Architecture and Branding for Living Proof
- 2020 The Architects Newspaper Best of Design Awards: Editor’s Pick in the Commercial Workplace group for Pipefitters Local 537
- 2020 The Architects Newspaper Best of Design Awards: Editor’s Pick in the Green Building group for Wheaton College Pine Hall
- Construction Tech Review: Certificate of Honor 2020
- Boston Architects: The Best Office Architects in Boston