Each year the IIDA NE Board undertakes a strategic planning retreat to focus its efforts on the future of the industry and its chapter. In addition to training, the retreat includes brainstorming and planning for mission-focused initiatives in the year ahead. Below is an overview of some those initiatives for 2019, giving some perspective on where IIDA NE is headed.
2018 to 2019 is a building year for IIDA NE. They are focused on bringing their educational and professional development programs to the forefront, driving member benefits and participation throughout New England. Stay tuned into their social media feeds to see more and get to know the board members.
Board of Directors 2019 Goals
- Expand the reach and impact of the Emerging Leaders program by including professional members from the Hartford and Providence City Centers and industry members from chapter sponsors.
- Enhance professional development offerings by developing CEU programs focused on content you can’t get anywhere else: leadership skills, industry insights, and best practices.
- Leverage communications to provide board transparency, increase the diversity in the types of postings, recognize the work and achievements of members, and celebrate the impact of design on the human experience.
- Increase engagement from student members and educators through campus-based “local” programs and events.
- Grow the Hartford City Center by increasing the value of programs for interior designers based in Connecticut.
- Foster industry relationships to create opportunities for members in allied associations to network and learn from each other either through joint programming or membership pricing reciprocity.
- Enhance the value of membership by establishing consistent feedback loops to measure the impact of programs and events.