Boston – Jeffrey Marr, Jr., vice president at Marr Scaffolding Company in Boston, was elected recently as president of the Associated Subcontractors of Massachusetts (ASM) for the 2021-2023 term. The event took place at the Granite Links Golf Club in Quincy and included the election of the ASM board of directors and officers.
As president, Marr will lead the activities of the association, preside at all meetings of the board of directors and executive committee, represent the association at important meetings and functions, and serve as the spokesperson for the association. Prior to his election, he served on the board of directors and executive committee for six years and has been an active participant on the association’s legislative committee. Marr replaces outgoing president, Peter Gormley of New England Waterproofing, Inc. in Natick.
Massachusetts State Senator Walter F. Timilty also attended the event to give remarks and issue a proclamation from the state Senate congratulating Marr on his election as ASM president and thanking Gormley for his service as most recent president. Massachusetts State Representative William C. Galvin was also in attendance and spoke about his continued commitment to working on behalf of subcontractors.
Other officers elected at the event include:
- President-Elect: Leslie Carrio of Depaoli Mosaic Company
- Treasurer: Steven Amanti of E. Amanti & Sons, Inc. in Salem
- Vice President and Assistant Treasurer: Matt Brown of Greenwood Industries, Inc. in Worcester
- Vice President: Peter Townsend of ML McDonald Sales Company, LLC in Watertown
ASM members also elected three new directors to the board: Aideen Doneski of Gleeson Powers, Inc.; Charran Fisher of Fisher Contracting Corporation; and Wayne J. Griffin of Wayne J. Griffin Electric Inc.
Returning board members also elected to new terms on ASM’s board include:
- Darlene Beshaw of Marsh & McLennan Agency
- Christopher Buell of Wright Architectural Millwork
- Dennis Drain of LAN-TEL Communications
- Lawrence Eagan of Collins Electric Company
- John Guarracino of JM Electrical Co.
- Cassie Johnston of Fall River Electrical Associates
- Michael Kosiver of Lockheed Architectural Solutions, Inc
- Brian Lynch of William F. Lynch Co.
- Jacquelyn Magill of EDM Construction
- Sue Mailman, Coghlin Electrical Contractors
- Regina McGregor of J.C. Cannistraro
- Michael McNulty of The Pearwood Group
- Lenny Monfredo of E.M. Duggan
- Bernard Quinlan of the Sullivan Group
- Ellen Young of Eastern Insurance Construction Division
David Wilson, Esq. and John Curran, Esq. of Corwin & Corwin LLP will continue to serve as executive secretary and general counsel, with ASM CEO, Michael McDonagh, Esq. serving as CEO and clerk.
“It is an honor to serve as president of ASM, the only association that works tirelessly for the region’s subcontractors,” said Marr. “We currently represent more than 300 subcontractors and affiliates who employ many thousands of skilled workers in virtually every specialty trade. I look forward to supporting our members and the region’s subcontractors in my new role.”
“The skilled trades men and women represented by Associated Subcontractors of Massachusetts are the backbone of our economy. During my tenure in the state Senate, I have had the opportunity to both collaborate with, and learn from, ASM members. It is one of my primary goals to continue to actively work with ASM and its new president, Jeff Marr, about the issues impacting the industry, its membership, and the Commonwealth as a whole,” said Timilty.