Boston – The American Council of Engineering Companies of Massachusetts (ACEC/MA) recently announced the recipients of the 2014 Engineering Excellence Awards along with several other awards. ACEC/MA presented the awards on March 19, 2014 in a ceremony at the Royal Sonesta in Cambridge.
Here are the 2014 Award winners:
Grand Conceptor – Parsons Brinckerhoff, Boston – Project: Logan International Airport Consolidated Rental Car Facility, East Boston; Client: Massachusetts Port Authority
Gold Award Winners:
– AECOM USA, Inc.,Wakefield. R.I., Project: East Providence Wastewater and Collection System Design Build Improvements; Client: City of East Providence.
– Fay, Spofford & Thorndike (FST), Burlington, Mass., Bay Street Reconstruction/Morey’s Dam Construction, Taunton, Client: MassDOT Highway Division
– Hatch Mott MacDonald, LLC, Westwood, Mass, King Road Grade Separatio, Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
– Kleinfelder, Cambridge, Mass., Alewife Stormwater Wetland & Drainage Improvements. Cambridge. Client: City of Cambridge Department of Public Works
Small Firm Project Award:
– Environmental Partners Group, Inc., Quincy; The Knowles Crossing Water Treatment Plant: Provincetown Preserves its Past and Secures its Future—Provincetown, Client: Town of Provincetown.
Silver Award Winners
– Beta Group, Inc., Norwood, Lower Beacon Street Sewer Separation Project, Contract PW/11-13, Brookline. Client: Town of Brookline.
– CDM Smith Inc., Cambridge, Realignment of Route 116 and Bay Road, Amherst, Client: Town of Amherst.
– Environmental Partners Group, Inc., Quincy, The Knowles Crossing Water Treatment Plant: Provincetown Preserves its Past and Secures its Future—Provincetown, Client: Town of Provincetown.
– Fay, Spofford & Thorndike (FST), Burlington, River Street Bridge Replacement. Boston, Client: MassDOT Highway Division.
– Symmes Maini & McKee Associates, Cambridge, Worcester Polytechnic Institute Elevated Field and Parking, Worcester, Client: Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Bronze Award Winners
– Allen & Major Associates, Inc., Woburn, 620 Washington Street, Winchester, Client: Winchester Hospital.
– Dewberry, Boston, Neponset River Bridge Rehabilitation, Boston and Quincy, Client: MassDOT Highway Division.
– GHD Inc., Hyannis, Chatham Water Pollution Control Facility – Phase I Improvements, Chatham, Client: Town of Chatham.
– Nitsch Engineering, Boston, Laser Scanning for Future Planning at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Client: Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
– Nobis Engineering, Inc., Lowell, Silresim Superfund Site Remedial Actions, Lowell, Client: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
– Firm: Rosales + Partners, Boston, Christina and John Markey Memorial Pedestrian Bridge, Revere, Client: MBTA and City of Revere.
– Stantec Consulting Services, Inc., Westford, Wachusett Mountain Parkway System Rehabilitation and Fire Tower, Wachusett Mountain Reservation (Princeton and Westminster), Client: Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation.
– Tighe & Bond, Inc. Pocasset, Hyannis Water System Upgrade,Hyannis, Client: Town of Barnstable.
– TranSystems, Boston, East-West Parkway, Weymouth, Client: MassDOT Highway Division.
– Weston & Sampson, Peabody, Remediation of Former MGP Site, Keene, N.H., Client: Northeast Utilities.
– Woodard & Curran, Inc., Andover, Mass., Photovoltaic System Installation at the Lowell Regional Water Utility, Lowell, Client: Lowell Regional Water Utility.
In addition to the project awards, ACEC/MA also presented the following awards:
- ACEC/MA Education Corporation President’s Scholarship to Michael Dube, studying at Northeastern University.
- ACEC/MA Community Service Award to Jason Miller, Landscape Architect & Project Manager, Stantec.
- ACEC/MA Young Professional Award to Christine Breen, PE, LEED Green Associate, Transportation Engineer, Nitsch Engineering.