Saunderstown, RI – The American Council of Engineering Companies of Rhode Island (ACEC-RI) recently presented academic scholarships totaling $12,500 to five students who are pursuing a degree in engineering.
This annual scholarship is awarded for academic achievement, related work experience, extracurricular activities, and community involvement to full-time students enrolled in an engineering program that has been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET-EAC).
The five scholarship recipients include:
- Logan Beattie, currently in his junior year at the University of Rhode Island, to pursue his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Daniel Bradley, a junior at the University of Rhode Island, who is pursuing a double major in computer engineering and French.
- Anna Cetera, who is currently in her junior year the University of Rhode Island studying biomedical engineering and Spanish.
- Sam Hunt, while he was in his senior year studying mechanical engineering at the University of Rhode Island.
- Aaron Tutu, now in his senior year, majoring in industrial & systems engineering at the University of Rhode Island.
The funds for these scholarships are raised through ACEC-RI’s annual golf tournament, now in its 23rd year.