Boston – The American Council of Engineering Companies of Massachusetts (ACEC/MA) has named the 2023 Silver and Bronze Engineering Excellence Award winners and is accepting entries for the 2024 awards through Oct. 3.
The Engineering Excellence Awards are an annual celebration of engineering excellence, honoring projects worldwide that demonstrate innovation, creative problem-solving, and engineering’s unique ability to improve the world. The top winners at the state level proceed to the national competition administered by the American Council of Engineering Companies in Washington, D.C., where they will compete for, among other awards, the national Grand Conceptor Award.
Silver ACEC/MA Engineering Excellence Award winners:
- BSC Group, Inc. for the Pocasset River Dredging project for the town of Bourne, Mass.
- Fuss & O’Neill, Inc for the Ashuwillticoo Rail Trail Extension project for MassDOT Highway Division.
- Gill Engineering Associates, Inc for the Acceler-8 I-90 Bridge Replacement project for MassDOT.
- HDR for the I-91 Rockingham Bridges for the Vermont Agency of Transportation.
- McFarland Johnson, Inc. for the MassDOT Design Project for the Burgin Parkway Access Road in Quincy, Mass.
- SLR International Corporation for the Wolf Swamp Fields project in Longmeadow, Mass.
- Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. for the “B-DC and B-C Roadways Project” at Logan International Airport.
- VHB for Google Headquarters for Boston Properties., to accommodate Google’s growth in Cambridge, Mass.
- Weston & Sampson Engineers, Inc. for The Resilient MA Action Team (RMAT).
Bronze ACEC/MA Engineering Excellence Award winners:
- Arup US, Inc. for the Brookville Electric Vehicle Bus Depot serving Montgomery County, Md. for client AlphaStruxure.
- Arup US., Inc for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Graduate Tower at Site 4.
- Beals and Thomas for The Country Club Pond Dredging and U.S. Open Preparations.
- CDR Maguire, Inc. for the West Oxbow Road over Wilder Brook Bridge Replacement Projects for client MassDOT.
- Dewberry for the Bridge Replacement of Evergreen Road over Mason Brook for client MassDOT.
- Dewberry for the City-wide Sewer Separation Master Plan for the City of Chelsea.
- Environmental Partners Group for Elevating Resilience; Town of Lexington Leverages Green Infrastructure for Stormwater Solutions.
- Fitzemeyer & Tocci Associates, Inc. for the engineering and construction administration for the design and construction of BAE Systems Manchester – Engineering & Production Facility.
- Fitzemeyer & Tocci Associates, Inc. for Worcester Polytechnic Institute’s Kaven Hall.
- Gannett Fleming for providing engineering design services to replace the existing Umpachene Falls Road over Konkapot River Bridge in the Town of New Marlborough.
- Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. with client MassDOT to reconstruct the failed railroad embankment and restore rail service to the Cape Main Line MP 67.0.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. for the implementation of the Hyannis Master Plan for client MassDOT.
- Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc working with Engleberth Construction, Inc. on the Terminal Integration Project for Burlington International Airport.
- Nitsch Engineering for the Gardner Street Roadway Reconstruction Project, with the City of Worcester.
- Nitsch Engineering’s Stormwater Improvement Project for Tufts University.
- TranSystems, working with MassDOT and the City of Fall River, for the preliminary design for a transformation of the Taunton River Waterfront with Route 79/Davol Street Improvements.
- VHB, working with MassDOT, on the Spy Pond Dredge and Stormwater Improvements project.
- Waterfield Design Group, Inc. for the Boon Street Presbyterian Church Reconstruction and Adaptive Reuse project.
- Woodard & Curran for the Town of Mansfield, to design the Cate Spring Well PFAS Treatment System.