Worcester – William F. Lynch Mechanical Contractors recently completed the HVAC and plumbing work for the Hart Center at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester. The newly renovated and expanded Hart Center, completed in various phases over the past 21 months, will provide student-athletes with facilities consistent with those offered by other Division I athletic programs.
New plumbing and mechanical and equipment and systems were installed to provide greater comfort and operating efficiency for renovated area and the addition. Complex phasing was coordinated, and work performed during teams’ off-seasons to allow use of the facilities during their specific seasons.
- 64,000sf indoor practice facility (with 100 yards of turf for use by all field sports).
- Auxiliary gymnasium for basketball team practice and volleyball practice/competition.
- 3,000sf of new space for sports medicine.
- 9,500sf of new space for strength and conditioning training and equipment.
- Additional locker rooms for varsity teams.
- Offices for all programs.
- New meeting rooms/recruiting space.
- Offices for all athletic administrators and athletic support services.
- Exterior plaza for events.
- Basketball courts.
- Multiple exercise studios.
- Weight training rooms.
- New shower and locker spaces
- Centers for a wide assortment of health, wellness, and fitness programming.