National – With 89% of adults hospitalized with COVID-19 having some sort of pre-existing condition, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on the States Offering the Most Coronavirus Support. The report seeks to examine how states care for people who are at risk both health-wise and financially.
To identify which states offer the most support during the COVID-19 pandemic, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 17 key metrics. The data set ranges from whether the state will offer free vaccinations once a vaccine exists to the share of households in poverty that receive social assistance. Below are highlights from the report, along with a WalletHub Q&A.
Coronavirus Support in Massachusetts (1=Most, 25=Avg.):
- 26th – Adoption of Telehealth Services
- 17th – Share of Households in Poverty Receiving Social Assistance
- 3rd – Share of Sheltered Homeless Population
- 2nd – Unemployment Insurance Recipiency Rate
- 19th – Ratio of Average Weekly Wage Covered by Unemployment Benefit
For the full report, visit: