Boston – Margulies Perruzzi (MP) announced that the project team for PTC’s new global headquarters has been recognized as a gold-level winner of the Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine 2019 Building Team Awards.
The project team, led by Margulies Perruzzi; the Boston office of Cresa, project manager for the project; and Gilbane Building Company completed the interior fit-out of a new 250,000sf global headquarters at 121 Seaport Blvd. in Boston for PTC, a global provider of award-winning, market-proven solutions that enable industrial companies to differentiate their products and services, improve operational excellence, and increase workforce productivity.
The annual BD+C Building Team Awards recognize newly built projects that best exemplify the collaboration between owner, architect, engineer, and contractor to produce buildings that exhibit architectural and construction excellence.
Submissions are judged based on the quality and excellence of the design, engineering, and construction as well as how the full project team and client worked together to overcome challenges that resulted in the success of the project.
PTC’s global headquarters was one of only five Gold winners, and one of 14 projects, to be honored with a Building Team Award this year.
The design of PTC’s new headquarters is truly transformational in every way,” said Janet Morra, AIA, LEED AP, principal and partner at Margulies Perruzzi. “We are proud to have our efforts recognized with this BD+C Building Team Award.”
The design and construction team for PTC’s new headquarters includes:
- Margulies Perruzzi: Architecture and interior design
- Gilbane Building Company: Construction manager
- Cresa: Owner’s project manager, site selection, lease negotiation, transaction management, and workplace strategy
- BALA Consulting Engineers: Mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, IT, and security design; core and shell engineer for 121 Seaport
- McNamara · Salvia: Structural design
- Sladen Feinstein Integrated Lighting: Lighting design
- Communications Design Associates, Inc. (CDA): Audiovisual system design
- Amaze Design: Design consultant for Corporate Experience Center
- 96pt.: Branding/Graphics
- Acentech: Acoustics
- CRJA/IBI Group: Landscape design of PTC’s rooftop terrace
- Fitzmeyer & Tocci Associates Inc.: Commissioning
- AKF Group: Code consulting
- Collective Wisdom Corporation: Specifications
- Campbell-McCabe: Hardware specifications
- Entegra Development and Investment, LLC: LEED consulting
- Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH): Building envelope