Needham, MA – NAIOP Massachusetts, The Commercial Real Estate Development Association, announced its 2019 volunteer leadership slate, led by incoming President Sara Cassidy of AEW.
Joining NAIOP’s new executive team of CEO Tamara Small and Executive Director Reesa Fischer, Cassidy will be followed by President-elect Leslie Cohen of Samuels & Associates.
This female-driven team is reflective of the increasing role of women in commercial real estate and the importance of diversity and inclusion to the organization.
“It is truly exciting to have Sara beginning her term as president while Reesa and I begin our tenure leading the organization,” said Small. “As more women excel in our industry, it is only appropriate that our leadership reflects our membership.”
2019 volunteer leadership slate:
- Chairman: Ed Marsteiner, National Development
- President: Sara Cassidy, AEW
- President-Elect: Leslie Cohen, Samuels & Associates
- Treasurer: Charley Leatherbee, Skanska U.S. Commercial Development
- Secretary: Tom Andrews, Alexandria Real Estate
- VP Chapter Affairs: Michael Wilcox, The Bulfinch Companies, Inc.
- VP Developing Leaders: Alex Shultz, Davis Companies; assistant, Sam Campbell, HFF
- VP Diversity & Inclusion: Taidgh McClory, CBRE; assistant, Amanda Strong, MITIMCO
- VP Government Affairs: Kathleen Brill, Foley Hoag LLP; assistant, Bryan Connolly, DLA Piper
- VP Membership & Marketing: Marsha Miller, Vanderweil Engineers; assistant, Tina Snyder, DivcoWest
- VP Programs: Allen Breed, MITIMCO; Assistant, Robert Borden, JLL; assistant, Abby Middleton, Oxford Properties
- Special Chair, Communications: Wendy Goldstein Pierce, Goldstein Pierce PR
- Special Chair, Golf Tournament: Kerry Hawkins, HFF
- Strategic Development Chairs: Dan McGrath, Berkeley Investments; Kathy McMahon, National Development; Lauren O’Neil, HFF; Adam Weisenberg, Sullivan & Worcester LLP