Stamford, CT – NAIOP Connecticut & Suburban New York, a chapter of NAIOP, the commercial real estate development association, recently honored the area’s most prominent real estate projects, companies, and leading professionals at their annual Night of the Stars Awards Gala on Thursday, March 19. David Genovese, CEO of Baywater Properties, was the host of the event at l’escale restaurant in Greenwich, Conn.
“Each year our NAIOP board selects and recognizes outstanding real estate stars and projects for their impact on the community, market adaptability, ingenuity, and local contributions. We congratulate all our well-deserved winners and finalists,” said Jonathan Cohen of J. Forrest Development and president of the NAIOP chapter.
In addition to these awards the winners and selected finalists for the real estate categories are:
- Connecticut Lease. Winner: Vineyard Vines in Stamford, Conn.; Finalists: Pitney Bowes in Stamford, Conn.; Deloitte in Stamford, Conn.
- Connecticut Project. Winner: Ironworks in South Norwalk, Conn.; Finalists: Nyala Farms in Westport, Conn.; Waypoint in Norwalk, Conn.
- Westchester Lease. Winner: MasterCard in Purchase, N.Y.; Finalists: MBIA in Purchase, N.Y.; Acadia in Rye, N.Y.
- Westchester Project. Winner: 520 White Plains Rd. in Tarrytown, N.Y.; Finalists: Thornwood Conference Center in Mount Pleasant, N.Y.; Keystone Property Group purchase of Mack-Cali.
- Developing Leader. Winner: Steve Lash, RFR Realty based in Stamford, Conn.; Finalists: Justin Goldberg, Navarino Capital Management based in Bridgeport, Conn.; Christian Bangert, RHYS Commercial, based in Stamford, Conn.