Corporate

Magnetics Company Celebrates 125 Years

Windsor, CT – Walker Magnetics, based in Windsor, is celebrating 125 years in business. The company was founded by Oakley S. Walker, the inventor of the electromagnetic chuck and founder of the O.S. Walker Company, in 1896.

Recently, Industrial Magnetics, Inc. purchased substantially all of the assets of Walker Magnetics. Walker Magnetics designs and manufactures industrial magnetic products using permanent, electro-permanent and electromagnetic technologies for workholding, lifting, material handling, scrap magnets and separation. Walker’s lifting magnets are commonly used in steel mills, scrap yards, loading docks, warehouses, foundries, shipyards, and coil steel and pipe distributors.

Today, Walker provides magnetic solutions for a vast range of practical industry challenges including the milestone of the first human-machine interface for cutting table applications. The company has taken careful steps to best position itself to continue the revival of American manufacturing for the domestic machine tool, scrap, steel, mining and recycling industries.

“Walker has prospered for 125 years by continuously researching the best ways to provide safe, effective and efficient industrial magnets to the companies that need them,” said Dennis O’Leary, chief business development officer for Industrial Magnetics, Inc. “We are always seeking innovative ways to solve problems and improve performance with magnets. This is as rewarding to us as we imagine it was for Mr. Walker back in 1896. It’s wonderful to be part of this anniversary celebration for a true American success story.”

Take advantage of High-Profile’s current subscription rates now, by signing up for a monthly or annual subscription!

Learn More!