The Legal Marketing Association’s (LMA) New England Chapter will host its 2016 Regional Conference on November 14-15 at the Hyatt Regency in Boston. Please join colleagues from LMA as we examine what the future may hold for legal marketers and business development professionals from law firms of all sizes by examining “Law Firms of the Future: Navigating for Success.” This regional conference isn’t just for law firms, though. Join us to learn how to drive innovation and spark conversation that inspires meaningful, client-driven change within your professional services firm and motivates staff to be ahead of the curve in preparation for the future.
The conference kicks off Monday, November 14 at 5 p.m. with keynote speaker Deb Knupp, managing partner at Akina. She will present “GreatLaw: Leadership in Innovation for the Next Decade of Opportunity.” GreatLaw is the place where the most profitable clients want to buy, the most talented people want to work, and the most inspired leaders want to serve a bigger purpose in their communities and families. Innovation is required to access GreatLaw. Innovation in leadership, client experience, business models, jobs and roles, technology, and new products/services. This session will share the Law2023 principles and will provide concrete insight and tactics for what clients are saying, what innovative law firms are doing, and how legal marketers can become the innovation architects within their firms.
The schedule for Tuesday, November 15 has an impressive array of topics to choose from, including:
- Harnessing Predictive Analytics to Drive Client Growth and Retention.
- The Vital Role of Marketing in Succession Planning.
- The Future of CRM — and the CRM of the Future.
- Natural Born Sellers.
- The Accountability Conundrum: Getting Lawyers Engaged in BD and CRM for Better ROI.
- Mindfulness in the Workplace.
- How Marketing Departments Are Devoting More Resources to Legal Project Management.
- Shades of Gray: Navigating the Ambiguous World of Marketing, Communications and Business Development in Law Firms.
- Effective Teaming: How BD Managers and Specialists Collaborate to Provide Excellent Customer Service.
- Navigating Unconscious Bias: Potential Impact and Real World Strategy.
- Positive Disruption: Reimagining the Client Development Function in Transformational Times.
Don’t miss out on LMA New England’s most important and popular event of the year. The early-bird rate is available until October 14, and a discounted rate is available for participants interested in attending Monday’s keynote presentation session only. A full registration includes all conference materials and access to general sessions, networking facilitation, breakfasts, luncheons, receptions, and breaks. For more information or to register, please visit https://lmaneconference.com/ or follow LMA New England on Twitter @LMA_NE.
LMA is a community that brings together all types of industry specialists from firms of all sizes. Consultants and vendors, lawyers, and marketers from other professions can connect and share their collective knowledge.