Farmington, CT – KBE Building Corporation is adding a variety of projects to its ever-expanding roster. With several retail projects completing or in the works and one extensive bank renovation.
Cumberland Farms, Naugatuck, Conn. — KBE recently completed the Cumberland Farms, the fifth project KBE has constructed for this convenience store retailer. The project included demolition of a house on the site along with rebuilding the existing Cumberland Farms.
The Lock Up Self Storage, Ardsley, N.Y. — KBE is serving as general contractor for the new construction of an 82,284sf climate-controlled storage facility. The four-story steel-framed facility is set on steel piles, with a metal panel exteriors. Scope of work includes demolition of an existing building onsite.
Market Place at Braintree, Mass. — KBE is transforming a former Kmart to create a new retail strip shopping center.
First Niagara Bank, New Haven, Conn. — KBE is currently working on two projects for First Niagara Bank at its Church Street location and branch bank.
The new Jewish Senior Services (“JSS”) building on the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg campus opened its doors in Bridgeport, Conn. Local seniors are now able to enjoy Connecticut’s first “household model” senior care building featuring assisted living, skilled nursing, hospice care, and a full range of senior care services.
In addition, Bethesda, Md. residents recently celebrated the grand opening of the new Harris Teeter store thanks to general contractor KBE Building Corporation.
KBE previously completed three other locations with the regional grocery chain.
Project highlights for the Cumberland Farms in Naugatuck, CT:
- Cost – $1.5 Million
- Square footage – 4,613
- Scope – Demolition and rebuild of a new Cumberland Farms with new gas station.
- Architect – Allevato Architects
Project highlights for the Lock Up Ardsley:
- Cost – $9,166,000
- Square footage – 82,284
- Scope – New four-story climate-controlled self-storage facility. The steel-framed structure is set atop 260 steel piles.
- Architect – Partners in Design Architects
- Scheduled completion date – April 2017
Project highlights for the Market Place at Braintree:
- Cost – $4.8 Million
- Square footage – 77,500
- Scope – Interior demolition to the core shell building, removing a portion at the rear of the building, and construction of three separate tenant spaces for Nordstrom Rack, SAKS OFF 5th, and a “vanilla” box.
- Scheduled completion date – September 2016
Project highlights for the First Niagara Bank Office Renovation:
- For the corporate offices, KBE is renovating the building mezzanine and second and third floors to create new office space. KBE is scheduled to complete the branch renovation within two months of the start date while the office renovations are scheduled for October 2017 completion.
- Cost – $4.7 million
- Square footage – 47,000
- Scope – the renovation of two floors and a mezzanine of an existing building comprising approximately 47,000 sf to new office space. Renovation includes demolition of all existing partitions flooring, ceilings and MEPS and all new partitions, ceilings, finishes and MEPs.
- Architect – Amenta Emma
- Scheduled completion date October 2017
Project highlights for the First Niagara Bank Branch Renovation:
- On the first floor, KBE just completed renovation of the existing tenant space to create a new branch bank, including upgrades to all mechanical/electrical systems, new partitions, and finishes.
- Cost $1,113,259
- Square footage – 3,404
- Scope – renovating first floor tenant space of an existing building comprising approximately 3,404 s/f to new branch bank space. Renovation includes demolition of all existing partitions flooring, ceilings and MEPS and all new partitions, ceilings, finishes and MEPs.
- Architect – Gensler