As cranes continue to dot Boston’s skyline, Laureen Poulakis and Brennan Consulting, Inc. provide a unique delivery of construction services. “Our team creates value and brings commitment, innovation, and state-of-the-art technology to complex construction layouts. We deliver unparalleled attentiveness to our clients. It’s the foundation of our practice,” says Poulakis.
Boston clients are increasingly referring to Brennan Consulting as the go-to firm for construction layout. The core of Brennan’s practice has always been reliability, responsiveness, and the delivery of a quality product. Brennan’s inventory includes a number of robotic total stations, enabling field personnel to work accurately with one- or two-person crews. Reflectorless total stations, 3D laser scanners, GPR, and GPS receivers also highlight their sophisticated equipment line. Current clients using Brennan’s unique construction services include:
- Suffolk Construction – WT Rich Construction.
- Skanska – Bond Brothers.
- Cranshaw Construction – Vynorius Companies.
- ProCon – Mount Vernon Group Architects.
- Donham & Sweeney (now Context) Architecture – DiMarinisi & Wolff Architects.
- The Abbey Group – Waypoint Companies.
- Grossman Companies – Multiple MA Municipalities.
- DCAMM – MWRA.
This month’s featured projects:
College of the Holy Cross Hart Center for Bond Brothers. As a 138,000sf renovation with 143,000sf of addition, the new Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex poses several construction layout challenges. Beginning with field measurements of existing steel columns and building façades, to insuring accurate alignments of the proposed addition, Brennan surveyors deliver high-quality geometry and controls.
GE Headquarters for Suffolk Construction. The construction layout complexities are vast on this 390,000sf, 12-story glass structure connecting two renovated, century-old, brick warehouse buildings. Brennan Consulting surveyors and engineers are confirming existing controls and establishing a high-accuracy baseline for all trades to use during construction.
Arthur M. Sackler Museum Harvard for Bond Brothers. This Harvard museum renovation requires Brennan Consulting’s complex construction layout services. The project brings many challenges, beginning with field measurements of existing steel columns and building façades to insuring the accurate alignment of proposed shear walls. The Sackler Museum is part of the Harvard University Art Museums, a network of buildings housing the Fogg, the Busch-Reisinger, and several research centers.
Services provided to these projects include:
- Preconstruction/existing conditions surveys — sites, buildings, roads and bridges.
- Cross-section and volume surveys — lines and structures.
- Monitoring wells — layout and location — utility location and layout.
- Precise deformation monitoring — quantity take offs.
- Line and grade — topographic and detail surveys.
- Pile driving layout — traverse/horizontal control.
- Foundation layout — vertical control.
- Anchor bolt/column layout — as-built/as-constructed surveys.
- Roadway layout and grading.