SMPS CT: Be Prepared: Develop Your Systems, Procedures And Protocols Before A Crisis
April 14 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The phone rings and on the other end is a reporter asking about an incident that just happened involving your company. Would you know how to respond?
A crisis or unexpected event that focuses media attention on your firm can be disruptive to your normal business operations and have a real or perceived negative impact upon your company.
A detailed crisis communications plan will help you evaluate the scope and level of a crisis while establishing a uniform communications system, procedures, and protocols to help your company deal effectively with an emergency situation.
This session will provide practical information around a range of crisis issues that you can immediately implement within your firm.
- Components in a crisis communications plan
- What is a crisis?
- Why have a crisis communications plan?
- What to include in the plan?
- Interview Survival Tips
- The 10 commandments for dealing with reporters
- Interviewing tips
- Quotable sound bites
- Tips on communicating with the press
- How to respond
- Types of responses
- Key components in a crisis communications plan
- Tips for dealing with the media
- Using social media during a crisis
About the Speaker:
Susan Shelby, FSMPS, CPSM | President & CEO of Rhino PR
Susan has driven public relations, marketing and communications programs across diverse industries, with a focus on the A/E/C industry and technology, for more than 20 years. Her expertise in media relations, strategic planning, crisis communications and relationship management achieves bottom-line results for professional service firms. She was recognized as the Marketing Professional of the Year by SMPS Boston in 2012. Follow her @RhinoPRBoston or visit www.rhinopr.com for more information about how Rhino PR can help you take charge of your PR.
Event Details: April 14, 2021 | 1:00 – 3:00 pm EST
1:00 – Welcome
1:05 – Program Begins
2:30 – Q&A
2:50 – Closing Remarks
The comfort of your home, office or mobile device.
Virtual Sponsor: 1 Available
This program is eligible for 2 SMPS CEU credits in Domain TBD.
Register by April 14, 2021, 1:00 pm EST. Registrants will receive an access link in the bottom section of their registration confirmation email and via email the morning of the program.
- If registering after 12 PM on 04/14/2021 please email [email protected].
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to receive a refund.
- No shows are responsible for payment in full.
- Unauthorized sharing of the program’s access link may result in higher registration costs.