- This event has passed.
Construction Inclusion Week
October 18 - October 22
In 2020, a group of general contractors: Gilbane, DPR, Turner Construction, Mortenson, McCarthy, and Clark Construction Group created a consortium titled Time for Change with a single purpose: identifying ways to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in construction. Through this effort, Construction Inclusion Week was born.
By participating, you will send a strong message within your organization and throughout our industry, demonstrating that you are ready to create a future of improved possibilities. Like Safety Week, participating firms will have access to materials and resources to bring awareness to diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts for job sites, teams, and companies. Download the Planning Guide Today!
Encouraging a united construction industry where diversity is celebrated and embraced, inclusion is fostered, and equity is apparent is the ultimate goal of Construction Inclusion Week:
- Champion inclusion empowering us to reach our full potential, fuel innovation, and enhance connections with our employees, clients, and the communities we serve.
- Harness and leverage the capabilities and global reach of the construction industry and its affiliates to cultivate and perpetuate a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We recognize and understand that each of our firms may be at different places in our diversity, equity, and inclusion journeys. The intent is that Construction Inclusion Week fosters conversations that create alignment and take us further on this journey for our people and industry partners. If we genuinely want to attract, retain, and develop the best talent for our industry and maximize the diversity of our suppliers, we must grow our industry’s culture to be truly inclusive.
Day 1: Leadership Commitment & Accountability 10.18
Day 2: Unconscious Bias 10.19
Day 3: Supplier Diversity 10.20
Day 4: Job site Culture 10.21
Day 5: Community Engagement and Outreach 10.22
Determine your level of participation: consider company-wide, by project/department, include trade partners and clients
- Communicate with the leadership of each project team, office, department leader about the week’s topics
- Organize how to deliver the daily messages on jobsites and offices
- Review the information with each leader/presenter at least a week ahead of the event
- Distribute the information and material to each Crew Lead from the Trade Partner so they can review them with their teams
- Leading up to Construction Inclusion Week, we ask you to reach out to trade partners and clients to inform them of our plans and invite their participation
Utilize our Toolkits/Print Materials from the CIW Planning Resources Page
- Download, print, and display Construction Inclusion Week posters & banners
- Download and order hard hat stickers using the templates provided on the website
- Share your participation on social media using the hashtag #ConstructionInclusionWeek
- Share a message from your firm leadership on your company blog, website, or newsletter
- Download and install the Construction Inclusion Week email signature banner
- Plan social media posts using the templates available on the Construction Inclusion Week website or create your own using the logo materials provided
SHARE YOUR PLANS FOR PARTICIPATION!
Post using hashtag #ConstructionInclusionWeek and tag us on
Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook!