Rocky Hill, CT – CT ABC hosted its 12th annual Excellence in Construction awards ceremony on January 30, at the Aquaturf Country Club in Southington with over 650 of the industry in attendance. The event honored construction companies and subcontractors who performed work on outstanding construction projects.
35 ABC members participated in STEP (Safety Training Education Program)
“Best of the Best” safety awards winners are:
• Small GC/CM: PDS Engineering & Construction, Inc.
• Large GC/CM: KBE Building Corp.
• Small Specialty Contractor: Notch Mechanical Constructors
• Large Specialty Contractor: EMCOR Services New England Mechanical
CT ABC honored three firms for outstanding service to the industry:
Associate Member of the Year – Mahoney Sabol& Co.
Specialty Contractor of the Year – Modern Mechanical Systems, Inc.
Contractor of the Year (Merit Cup Winner) – KBE Building Corporation
The year’s Best in Show was awarded to Cianbro Corporation for the Niantic River Bascule Railroad Bridge Replacement Project.
CT ABC recognized the following as Excellence in Construction Award recipients:
• Mechanical: Orafol Americas, Inc. – EMCOR Services New England Mechanical
• Institutional (tie): Carrington Elementary School – KBE Building Corp.
• Institutional (tie): Fairfield Woods Middle School Additions & Renovations – ESRT Construction
• Healthcare <$5M: Saint Francis Hospital Innovation and Learning Center – S/L/A/M Construction Services d/b/a Construction Services of Somerset, Inc.
• Healthcare >$5M: Albion Street – Viking Construction
• Renovation: The Learning Lab at Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network – KBE Building Corporation
• People’s Choice: Saint Francis Hospital Innovation and Learning Center – S/L/A/M Construction Services d/b/a Construction Services of Somerset, Inc.
CT ABC recognized the following as Merit Award recipients:
• Mechanical: Industrial: Covidien Chilled Water Plant – Crest Mechanical Services, Inc.
• Renovation: Long Wharf Theatre Main Stage Renovation – Petra Construction Corp.
• Specialty Construction: Complex Television Production Facility – United Steel