Farmington, CT – Construction is underway on 10 new projects for the KBE Companies, which includes KBE Building Corporation, KBE-NY, and New Valley Construction (NVC).
Projects include higher education facilities, senior living communities, public transportation centers, and storage facilities. Services range from construction manager at risk, general contractor, and construction advisor.
The projects include:
- Construction of a new rental car/ground transportation hub at Bradley International Airport Ground Transportation Center, Windsor Locks, Conn. – KBE Building Corporation’s Northeast office is the prime subcontractor for the $210 million expansion project, working under the direction of the design-builder, Austin Commercial, and developer, Conrac Solutions.
- Waterstone of Westchester, White Plains, N.Y. – Construction is underway on this new 179,300sf, five-story independent senior living community that will offer 78 one-bedroom and 55 two-bedroom apartments.
- Maplewood Senior Living, Princeton, N.J. – A 98,754sf, three-story senior living community providing 105 assisted living and memory care units, community spaces, dining options, and more.
- Central Connecticut State University engineering building, New Britain, Conn. – KBE will be mobilizing on the new 100,000sf academic building providing laboratory, classroom, and office space to support the university’s newly created School of Engineering, Science, and Technology.
- Central Connecticut State University, Barnard Hall, New Britain, Conn. – Construction is underway on the four-story, 80,000sf renovation and 8,000sf, two-story addition to house new offices and space for student advising and teaching.
- Self-Storage Facility, Sacramento, Calif. – Construction has started on this 109,677sf, four-story self-storage facility, one of eight completed or underway by KBE Building. These three- or four-story facilities provide approximately 1,000 storage units.
- Hanover Senior Living, Bethlehem, Penn.
- Brookfield Senior Living, Brookfield, Conn.
- Chesapeake Senior Living, Chesapeake, Va.
- Orange Senior Living, Orange, Conn.
By December of 2019, KBE and NVC have mobilized on four new senior living facility providing approximately 140 assisted living and memory care units, several dining options, community rooms, media center, and more. Each community is approximately 109,000sf.