Hartford, CT – The Connecticut Building Congress is looking for outstanding building projects that exemplify project team excellence and represent the best practices in teamwork by project owners, architects, engineers, constructors, tradespeople, suppliers and service providers.
Each year, CBC recognizes projects whose team members have met or surpassed goals and achieved higher project quality through this close collaboration.
Eligibility: The construction project must be located in Connecticut and have been substantially completed, as defined by the contract, between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2018.
A panel of judges has been selected from a broad spectrum of project team members: owners, architects, engineers and constructors. Projects will be judged on the following criteria:
- Documented team cooperation and collaboration from conceptual design through project completion. This is a project team award, so crediting all team members contributes to your score. (60%)
- Team’s approach to the project’s unique challenges. (20%)
- Meeting the owner’s budget and schedule constraints. (10%)
- Project’s social, economic or sustainable design considerations. (10%)
Based on the judges’ grading, the winning project in each of the seven categories will receive the CBC Project Team Award. An Award of Merit will be presented to the second-place project in each category.
- Multi-Family Residential / Mixed Use (any size)
- K-12 Schools – New or Renovations (any size – exclusive category for K-12 school projects)
- Landscape Architecture / Public Spaces (any size)
- Major Renovations / Expansions (above $10 million construction cost)
- New Construction (above $10 million construction cost)
- Small Projects – New or Renovations (under $10 million construction cost)
- Transportation / Utilities / Civil (any size)
Registration Deadline – Monday, March 11, 2019
Entry Deadline – Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Visit the Connecticut Building Congress website at www.cbc-ct.org for complete information.