Washington – The workplace, its culture and workforce, will be a key track for the annual meeting of the National Institute of Building Sciences: Building Innovation 2021: Virtual Edition.
BI2021 takes place Sept. 27-29. Building Innovation allows everyone who impacts the built environment to discuss challenges and find solutions. BI2021 will also include two other tracks, resilience and technology.
Kicking off the workplace tracks will be Jessica Matthews, Founder and CEO of Uncharted, with her keynote on Innovating During Times of Uncertainty: Adapting Your Business for the New Normal.
Workplace session highlights include:
- Designing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policies on Purpose for Greater Impact – Daniel Villao, Intelligent Partnerships, Inc.
- Simulation Platform for Energy-Efficient Design – Benjamin Welle, Perkins and Will
- Unmasking Microaggressions in the Workplace – Dr. Ryan Warner, RC Warner Consulting, LLC
- ESG & DEI: Best Practices for Building Industry Applications – Vicki Worden, Green Building Initiative; Brenna Walraven, Corporate Sustainability Strategies; and Zahn Patin, The Wonder Group
- The Drive for the Rural Youth Technopreneurs Development Model Through an Innovative Sanitation System Implemented at Qweqwe Village in the Eastern Cape Province – Tshiphiri Tshivhasa, Department of Human Settlements
- Cybercrime Vulnerability in Buildings and Critical Infrastructure – Dana Smith, DKS Information Consulting, LLC/Chinook Systems Inc./Building Cyber Security/Office of the Principal Cyber Advisor to SECDEF; Daryl Haegley, GISCP, OCP; Wanda Lenkewich, Chinook Systems, Inc.; and Lucian Niemeyer, Building Cyber Security
Building Innovation keynotes include Renee Cheng, Dean, University of Washington College of Built Environments; Edward Mazria, FAIA, Founder & CEO, Architecture 2030; Daniel Kaniewski, Managing Director, Public Sector, Marsh McLennan Advantage; Jamie Gentoso, P.E., MBA, Global Head of Solutions & Products Business Unit, Holcim; and Thomas W. Smith, III, ENV SP, CAE, F.ASCE, Executive Director, American Society of Civil Engineers.