Boston – Each year the Boston Preservation Alliance presents the Preservation Achievement Awards to recognize a group of exemplary historic preservation projects or activities in Boston. The winning projects will be honored at the Boston Preservation Alliance 2017 Preservation Achievement Awards celebration in the fall.
The Alliance honors outstanding preservation projects representing all time periods, including 20th century. Projects that will be considered for award recognition include but are not limited to:
- Rehabilitation or restoration that preserves Boston’s architectural or cultural heritage
- Adaptive reuse of existing historic resources
- New construction in harmony with Boston’s built environment
- Parks, landscapes, and natural areas that have been preserved or restored
- Exterior lighting, accessibility, and landscape design highlighting historic resources
- Innovative energy efficiency and/or climate preparedness integration into historic fabric
The Fine Print
- Submissions are due no later than April 28, 2017.
- No application fee is required.
- Nominations may be submitted via hard copy or electronically (preferred).
- Submissions are limited to properties and programs within the City of Boston. Projects outside the city limits of Boston will not be considered.
- Projects must have been completed between 2014 and 2016.
- All photo and digital image submissions become the property of the Boston Preservation Alliance for use in print or digital form to promote this Awards event and/or any future Alliance activities.
- Please note that we present the awards to project/property owners. Project team members are also recognized as appropriate and to the greatest extent possible.
All nominations must include the following additional materials:
- A complete list of project team members, including contact names, companies, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Please include a site plan and floor plans, if applicable.
- Please include print-ready color images of at least a 300 dpi resolution. Images can be mailed on a CD or flash drive or shared via DropBox or similar file-sharing platform.
- Images must show all facades of the building or structure, as applicable, or all angles of the site. Please provide as many images as possible and divide into “Before” and “After” sections.
- Please note that for adaptive reuse/rehabilitation/restoration, before and after images are necessary to demonstrate the quality of the project.
- Please include photographer credits and/or copyright permissions for each photograph at the time of submission.
Questions can be directed to Alison Frazee, 617-367-2458 x204