Woburn, MA – Boston Solar, an award-winning solar installer based in Woburn, celebrates Solar Appreciation Day by sharing the top reasons homeowners should consider a solar photovoltaic (PV) system, and offering energy saving tips to practice in the meantime.
Solar Appreciation Day, which falls on the second Friday in March each year, is a time to celebrate energy sustainability and the power of the sun. Boston Solar has been helping homeowners reduce their energy bills and their carbon footprint for a decade, having installed more than 30 megawatts (MW) of solar in Massachusetts since its founding.
By investing in a solar energy system, homeowners essentially reap several benefits:
- Lower energy bills
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Power during outages
- Tax credits and savings
- A higher resale value on their home
For homeowners who are looking for energy saving tips to implement before starting their solar installation project, Boston Solar shared the following:
- Turn down the thermostat.
- Consider energy efficient electronics.
- Maintain the heating system. Replace air filters and schedule annual furnace maintenance every year prior to the winter months.
- Avoid peak charging periods when running more energy-intensive appliances such as the laundry dryer, oven, dishwasher and vacuum cleaner.
When looking for the most effective home energy efficiency upgrades before going solar, upgrading the HVAC, kitchen, and household energy consuming appliances is the best place to start.