Boston – Architecture, planning, and interior design firm, ARC, recently earned several national and regional award honors, including a 2021 AIA New England Design Award for the middle school expansion and adaptive reuse project completed for Greenwich Country Day School (GCDS). Previous awards for the middle school project include an IIDA New England Design Award and a national ‘Best of the Best’ first-place award in K-12 Education from ENR Magazine.
Other ARC designs earning recognition in this year’s award programs include:
- Bentley University’s LEED Platinum Multipurpose Arena won a 2021 AIA Boston Society of Architects Higher Education Facilities Design Award.
- The D.S. Chen Health and Wellness Center at Deerfield Academy in Deerfield, Mass. earned a 2020 AIA Boston Society of Architects Healthcare Facilities Design Award.
- The PJM STEM Center at Eagle Hill School earned a 2021 American Architecture Award from the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design.
- The Walter C. Johnson Center for Health and Wellness at Hackley School in Tarrytown, N.Y., was honored with a 2021 Facilities of Merit Award by Athletic Business.
- Phillips Exeter Academy’s William Boyce Thompson Field House received a 2021 Excellence in Architectural Design Award by AIA New Hampshire.