Boston – DPS Group and TRIA recently announced the completion of a new 200,000sf Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) mRNA clinical manufacturing facility for biotechnology company, Moderna Therapeutics. DPS and TRIA provided architectural, engineering design, and project management services for the new clinical development manufacturing facility located at One Upland Road in Norwood. The facility’s official opening was marked by a ribbon cutting ceremony held on July 17th.
Previously located across three facilities in Cambridge, Moderna’s new, two-story facility consolidates elements of the company’s development, operations and nearly 200 employees under one roof. Designed and built on a two-year, fast-tracked schedule, the technically complex facility was also designed to achieve LEED certification. The 28-acre suburban campus includes walking paths, electric car charging stations and a fitness center with bike storage.
The project team included:
- Project Architect and Engineer of Record: DPS Group
- Lab Architect and Interior Designer: TRIA
- Construction Manager: Wise Construction
- Owner’s Rep: Hereva Consultants
- Validation: ValSource
- Structural Engineer: Pare Corporation
- Civil Engineer: Kelly Engineering
- Code Compliance Consultant: Jenson Hughes
- Landlord: Alexandria Real Estate